I feel like sometimes the Canadian Tuxedo gets a bad rap, when it’s actually one of my favorite go-to ensembles (but that could really just be because I like to say the phrase ‘Canadian Tuxedo’) All joking aside, my denim shirt gets a lot of play in my wardrobe, so much so, I’m surprised I haven’t worn a hole in it!
Denim on denim, rules.
It’s a bag! It’s a towel! No, wait - It’s a Bag Towel! Remember a couple months ago when I got the chance to hang with Urban Barrels founders JP and Mat MacDonell (you can peep the interview here!) when we first met up, they were in the process of launching their Bag Towels…well the big moment is finally here and The Bag Towel by Urban Barrels is officially a go!
This past week, the perfect opportunity arose to break in my Bag Towel, with who other than JP and doing what else - surfing. I was lucky enough to have a surf sesh with JP, where he taught me the ins & outs of dealing with the ocean, all while helping me try and catch some waves. (He did most of the work, while I just went along for the ride aka - wipeouts)
After peeling myself out of my wetsuit, I reached for my Bag Towel to dry off. This thing is pure genius, it’s super convenient and is easily becoming one of my favorite things. The front pocket is the perfect size for storing your post surf essentials. The towel easily folds back into the bag, pull the drawstring, throw it on your back and you’re on your way. Simple, easy, and practical, whether you’re a surfer or frequent beach-goer.
These two brothers truly have a passion and love for the ocean and surfing which can not only be seen through Urban Barrels products, but with their philosophy of always ‘staying barreled’ and how they share it, constantly inspiring others to do the same.
Spread the love, not just because it’s Valentines Day, but because everyone could use a little love in their life, everyday. Be kind, smile, and send some love to those around you.
Since it’s Valentines Day and all, the ‘girly girl’ inside of me felt obligated to create a post about the things I love most. (I place full blame on all the pink colored things around me at the moment) Now, aside from my family and friends who are the ones that have stolen my heart and are the one true thing in life that I love the most. The things seen above and mentioned below, well…they happen to make everyday life a little bit better too.
1. Thermos Water Bottle - This thing is like my BFF. I take it everywhere with me. Perfect for staying hydrated throughout the day and completely indestructible. (I’m not even going to admit how many times I’ve dropped this thing)
2. Goldfish Kiss Blog - Rebekah Steen is the master mind behind this genius blog. I check it daily for inspiration and more. If this blog doesn’t make you motivated or happy, then there’s something wrong with you. Just kidding. But no, seriously.
3. Terry Cloth Robe - I get a lot of crap for wearing a robe, which may or may not be because it’s the same robe I’ve had since I was twelve. (Hey - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!) But nonetheless, it’s my favorite part of the day. Slipping into my comfy robe, proppin’ my feet up on the couch. It’s pure bliss.
4. Coconut Milk Cream - It’s like a spa treatment after every shower. Lather this stuff on and you’ll feel (and smell) like a tropical heaven. You can thank me later.
5. Fresh Flowers - We almost always have fresh flowers around our house and it just makes for a happier and prettier environment.
6. Typelite Candles - I got one as a gift in the Nectarine Mint scent and it is probably the most amazing candle I’ve ever smelt. They last forever too!
7. Spotify - I’m constantly listening to music - all day. Everyday. Spotify is great for allowing me to listen to my favorite music, making playlists, and knowing when my favorite artists are in town. Also great for those mornings when it’s a little bit harder to get out of bed and wake up.
8. Lobster Butter Love Coffee - Made by RoosRoast, this coffee is delicious. My brother actually turned me onto it and I mean who doesn’t love a good cup of coffee everyday?
9. Burt’s Bees Blueberry & Dark Chocolate Lip Balm - A little dabble in the morning and a little dabble at night before going to bed. Smells good, tastes good, and gives you smooth puckers. It’s a win-win.
Wherever you are and whoever you spend Valentine’s Day with, I hope it’s a day filled with lots of love.
Been crushing hard on denim lately, especially the worn with lots of love, messy, distressed kind. Nothing makes me feel most like myself than slipping into a pair of my perfectly broken in jeans…that, and daydreaming of the beach.
I know California needs the rain, but I’m ready to get back to that 70 degree “Winter” weather we were being spoiled with.
( Psst! Click on the photo to find the image source. Also, there’s more denim goodness on my Pinterest page! )
I don’t think I’ve ever loved black and white so much as I do with this sweet sweater I snatched up last weekend. It’s even more awesome up close because it has a funky geometric texture to it.
Layer some baubles and bojangles (which happens to be my new favorite thing) and you’ll be looking tres chic.
Say ‘ello mate’ to Panda Surfboards, a new, fresh, and young surfboard company coming from Mona Vale in Sydney, Australia. They make boards of all shapes and sizes and each one stands out from the crowd with their unique flare of design. These aren’t just your average surfboards, folks. These not only have high performance, but are basically like pieces of surf-able art.
I present to you:
The Doinker - A fun board perfect for surfing 1ft to 3ft waves, that will get you flying faster than you can say shaka.
The Bare Essentials - Similar style to The Doinker, it’s best for surfing smaller waves, except it has a single to deep double concave with concave vee through the tail combined with a crazy looking cresent tail which shortens the rail line but gives bite at the same time.
The Salty Sea Dog - Aside from the awesome name, this board delivers a smooth classic ride in a fun shape.
Fried Till You Die - This board is an absolute beaut and gets bonus points for the extra paddle power and glide, yet the ability to lay it down and throw it around.
So even if you’re not the best of surfers or are still learning, you can at least have a really cool and pretty board to tote around.
Here’s to cozy striped sweaters, epic tribal pants, baby pineapples, and a happy, healthy start to another fabulous week.
It’s Monday, make it a happy one.