Getting ready to head to the windy city for the next week (and I’m THIS!! EXCITED!!!) Seeing as though being cooped up in a small confined seat for 4.5 hours doesn’t sound all that enticing, I’ve listed my travel essentials to help make for a successful, but, more importantly enjoyable plane ride.
1. Backpack > You can fit more stuff in it than a handbag, throw it on your back. Boom, done. What security line hold up?
2. Sunglasses > To help disguise the bags under your eyes when you have to wake up at 4am to catch your flight. Besides, nothing says jet setter like a classy pair of cateyes, am I right?
3. Watch Set > Instead of piling on a watch and then some bangles, it’s all in one. Oh, also to help keep you on time for your flight. #Whoneedsaniphone #oldschool
4. Roll on perfume > Pacifica Coconut is preferably my favorite, but any scent of your choice will do for a nice pick me up after landing.
5. A trusty pair of flats > To help you run from gate to gate.
6. A comfy and cozy scarf > Specifically one that can double as a blanket on the plane.
7. LSTN headphones > Not only are they beautiful, but with every headphone purchase, LSTN helps restore hearing to a person in need. They also help drown out the talker, the lip smacker, & the snorer.
8. What Do You Want To Do Before You Die by The Buried Life > This book will never, ever get old. Just read it and you’ll see why.
9. Good company > Like your fun sister, cute little niece, and cool brother in law. Yeah, that’s the ultimate jet set posse.
Happy travels, friends.
Tomorrow I’m grabbing one my favorite humans (aka my sister) and we’re heading to San Francisco’s most rad music festival, Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park. The first question we asked ourselves - aside from which band are we going to see first (TOM PETTY, DUH.) was what the hell are we going to wear??
So the above ensemble popped into my mind, considering San Francisco’s funky and unpredictable weather - layers, long sleeves, hats, and boots will be our best amigos tomorrow.
To answer the first question of not only which bands we want to see first, but are most excited for - Tom Petty takes the cake. And I know what you’re thinking, no we’re not 50 year olds trapped in a 20-something’s body…our parents just raised us on good music.
We’re also stoked for the three chick band (who also all happen to be sisters) Haim. #Girlpower Oh and did I mention that there’s a Chocoland? Yeah, that’s happening.
Sunday mornin’s are my absolute favorite. Throw on some jams, drink a cup of joe, and catch up on whatever I missed over the week. Ah, Perfection.
My favorite surfing duo JP and Mat MacDonell are back at it again - this time around with a new & improved version of The BagTowel, a Kickstarter Campaign, and even more talent added to their team, with the help of their friend Eric Locko.
Just when you think The BagTowel can’t get any better (I mean, lets face it, it’s already pretty genius to begin with) the boys of Urban Barrels have totally up’d their game and have taken their passion for community and all things surf by reintroducing the BagTowel.
After the soft launch of their BagTowel and the initial success from it, they got inspired to take it to the next level by launching a Kickstarter campaign (check it out here!) to help further their success and to continue to spread the barreled lifestyle.
The BagTowel has new design features of an accent pocket that uses repurposed sailboat sails, that’s also used as a waterproof inlay - helping keep your wet gear separate from your dry gear. Thus creating every surfer and beach goers dream bag. #Swoon ”Each sail has an incredible story of where it has been and who it once pushed from adventure to adventure. We immediately got excited about the opportunity to extend the life of these sails on our products.”
What started out as just a photo blog between two brothers and friends, has now fully launched itself into a lifestyle brand that helps connect others to the ocean and adventure. I encourage you to pass on the barrel to your family and friends by supporting Urban Barrels and the zest they share for life, surf, and adventure…because there’s really no telling where your bag towel might lead you. The possibilities are endless.
Grab your Urban Barrels BagTowel now on Kickstarter and go get barreled amigos.
I realized that my blog had been deprived of some TLC over the last couple months. (insert embarrassed emoji face here) With the start of a new job, apartment hunting in the city, and other summer shenanigans…I guess I’ve gotten a little preoccupied. However, the above photos can pretty much sum up the last couple months.
Between enjoying the summer sunshine, (I’m starting to accumulate all kinds of awkward tan lines, but I’m not complaining!) exploring my city by the bay, overdosing on BBQ shindigs, and of course spending these three glorious months with good company - time has been flyin’ by.
So with that said, I vow to spend a little extra time devoted to this hodge-podge of happiness, in hopes that it might spread a little happiness to others too. Or at the very least help crack a smile or two.