How lucky am I to have a city as wonderful as this right in my backyard.
I just want a single day with no work emails. No computer. No phone. Just sunshine, some good company, and the beach.
When in Chi Town you take the bull by the horns.
Tropical Chi Town Barrels.
Getting ready to head to the windy city for the next week (and I’m THIS!! EXCITED!!!) Seeing as though being cooped up in a small confined seat for 4.5 hours doesn’t sound all that enticing, I’ve listed my travel essentials to help make for a successful, but, more importantly enjoyable plane ride.
1. Backpack > You can fit more stuff in it than a handbag, throw it on your back. Boom, done. What security line hold up?
2. Sunglasses > To help disguise the bags under your eyes when you have to wake up at 4am to catch your flight. Besides, nothing says jet setter like a classy pair of cateyes, am I right?
3. Watch Set > Instead of piling on a watch and then some bangles, it’s all in one. Oh, also to help keep you on time for your flight. #Whoneedsaniphone #oldschool
4. Roll on perfume > Pacifica Coconut is preferably my favorite, but any scent of your choice will do for a nice pick me up after landing.
5. A trusty pair of flats > To help you run from gate to gate.
6. A comfy and cozy scarf > Specifically one that can double as a blanket on the plane.
7. LSTN headphones > Not only are they beautiful, but with every headphone purchase, LSTN helps restore hearing to a person in need. They also help drown out the talker, the lip smacker, & the snorer.
8. What Do You Want To Do Before You Die by The Buried Life > This book will never, ever get old. Just read it and you’ll see why.
9. Good company > Like your fun sister, cute little niece, and cool brother in law. Yeah, that’s the ultimate jet set posse.
Happy travels, friends.
These sandals make my feet really happy.
Today was kind of perfect - We totally scored on the last day of Summer.
It happened. A doughnut cheeseburger complete with bacon. 😳